Founded in 1712, the First Presbyterian of Trenton has been located on this downtown Trenton site since 1724, nearly 300 years (the current structure dates from 1839). The earliest cemetery grave-markers date to the 1730’s. Many of Trenton’s original settlers are buried here, but the cemetery is perhaps best known as the final resting place of Col. Johann Rall killed in the First Battle of Trenton in December, 1776. The Presbyterian minister at that time, Rev. John Rosbrugh is also buried here, killed in cold blood by British and Hessian troops during the second battle of Trenton.
Both the church and cemetery are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.